Sunday, March 28, 2010

And so it begins...

So I have been here for 29 days...I have managed to maintain a bubble of English speaking people around me, with limited opportunity to speak Portuguese. Between the apartment where I am staying and my job, everyone around me speaks English! When I do venture out, Portuguese language book in hand, everyone decides it is a perfect time to practice their English on me! I am not sure I will learn anything other than "obrigada" and "te jau" at this rate (thank you and see you later), but I keep insisting that I will get a tutor once a week who will have conversational Portuguese lessons with me. Crossing fingers I manage that type of dedication in the near future.

Matt arrives tomorrow, and I haven't blogged at all through out these past 29 days; it is as if nothing has happened. But on the contrary, things have happened, observations have been made, bourbon has been found, a decent radio station was discovered, and a sushi place has been visited twice!

So since I haven't blogged, in the next few posts I will start a few things worthy of commentary just to give you all a taste of what is to come during Our Epic Adventures (please say that in you mind in a loud, slowly paced out, movie voice over kind of way) ready...

OUR EPIC ADVENTURES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment